Mr. Lucy and I are back and badder than ever after an adventure in the Grenadines. We hoped on this ship here and bounced around the Caribbean island chain, soaking up the sun, rum, and camaraderie.
We were on board with 30+ other fine folks, sailing the high seas looking for adventure. Most of our vacations together could be labeled comatose what with our lounging, our snoozing, our sipping, and our staring off into space. So this one was a serious shift in gears for me. But it was so worth it. And it really made me appreciate how great out house and bed and bathroom that doesn’t have the shower head mounted directly over the toilet are.
But this trip wasn’t about luxury and relaxation. In fact, I got sick twice (BAD—I barfed coffee) and Mr. Lucy’s day-long hangover took us out of commission for a third. We got home late last night and I’m still rocking back and forth like I’m on the water! However, despite all that it was one amazing trip!
I learned some important things:
- My life needs more adventure that pushes me out of my comfort zone.
- The people living adventurously laugh more and look 20 years younger than their comfortable counterparts.
- Youth has nothing to do with how well you live your life. Most of the other passengers were close to if not over 70, strolling the rolling decks with a rum punch in each hand.
- Everyone has a story. One of my favorites is the opening pick up line that launched a decades-old marriage. “Hi! I’m Urs. Want a fish?” That was followed by a Swiss man dumping a dead salmon into the unsuspecting arms of a woman who at the time was in love with a piano tuner. They were married four months later.
- Some people have very violent reactions to motion sickness meds (me) and become convinced they are going to die (also me).
This trip was a lot of travel. Planes, ships, vans, and one long-ass car ride home at 2 a.m. Thankfully all of the planes had movies and TV. I watched:
- Black Panther: one of the best movies I’ve ever, EVER seen in my life and I don’t even like super hero movies!!! It delivered on every level and from a storytelling perspective it was perfection! If you have the chance, watch it!
- Bad Moms Christmas: a surprisingly heartfelt sequel.
- Pitch Perfect 3: Nothing will beat PP1, but I still love those aca-bitches.
- Under the Tuscan Sun: a rewatch for me.
- A rerun of the Kardashians after my touchscreen stopped working.
You’re probably more interested in the books I read, aren’t you? :) I approve these priorities. I also approve the following books!
- Engagement Rate by Annie Dyer (awesome beginning to a new family series)
- Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley (funny, reminiscent of Stephanie Plum!)
- Sophomore Slump by Alan Lee (hardboiled, smartass PI mystery)
- The Brightest Star by B. Cranford (I started this one on the plane home and haven’t finished it yet, but it’s a second chance story and you know I love those!)
I also learned that our asshole cat Cleo is ONLY AN ASSHOLE TO US! All week I was bombarded with texts from our cat-sitting friends sharing videos and pictures of cute Cleo snuggling and playing pleasantly with them. She didn’t stab a single one of them in the face! Not even once! WTF, Cleo?
Anyway, we had an amazing trip and are happy to be home! Blue Moon #6 is with the editors for its July release and tomorrow I’m starting a new project! I think you’re going to love it! xoxo