Lucy Score Jax book 3The Last Second Chance, Jax and Joey’s story in the Blue Moon Series, went live on Amazon. It’s a few days early and so the release fell on during my beach vacation with Mr. Lucy, my sister, Madison, and Mr. Madison. As I was typing this from the deck and staring at the ocean I was reminded of last year’s beach vacation.

I was sitting on the bed staring out the window at everyone else on the beach while I answered angry emails from one of my bosses. That same week, at around 11 p.m. one night I finished writing Pretend You’re Mine. At the time, I had no idea what a success that story would be. I only knew that I loved the story, the characters, the town so much and I was so proud of what I’d written, even if no one else ever read it.

Fast forward one year and here I am, a full-time author with FIVE books under my belt…and no angry bosses! And it’s all because you readers are so supportive and so happy to give my stories your positive word of mouth! So thank you from the bottom of my heart! You made my dreams come true!

OK, enough mushy crap. Let me tell you a few of my favorite things about The Last Second Chance and Jax and Joey…

1. We get to meet John Pierce…sort of. Not in a paranormal way. But the reader finally gets an introduction to Carter, Beckett, and Jax’s father. We already knew he was a good man because he and Phoebe raised those boys right! But in this book the reader gets access to some of John’s most important memories of his family.
  2. I love second chance stories because there’s so much history and angst and spice to even the most innocent interactions. So when those angsty, spicy characters finally do come together, it’s freaking HOT!
  3. Joey has to be one of my favorite lady characters so far. She’d rather spend time with horses than people, but finds herself in the middle of this sloppy family and this nosey town and resignedly finds herself enjoying it all. She’s independent, smart, successful, and sarcastic. I wanted her to walk off the page and roll her eyes at me when I ask her to go shopping.
  4. The dog scene. I’m not going to go into spoiler mode here because I don’t want to ruin a single second of this scene for you. But I laughed so hard while writing this scene that Mr. Lucy had to come into my office to check on me a few times!
  5. We finally find out why Jax left all those years ago. When I started writing this series, I wasn’t actually sure why he left so I was pretty excited when I figured it all out. :)

I had a fantastic time writing about Jax and Joey. The characters in Blue Moon, especially the Beautification Committee, did not disappoint in this story! I hope you enjoy reading their story!

xoxo,

Lucy

16 replies
  1. Dede
    Dede says:

Yes I loved it and yes it was my favorite. Yes it made me laugh so hard and it made cry but love the town and people. Already looking forward to another.

2. Katina Woo
    Katina Woo says:

I loved Joey and Jax’s love story too, but I am not ready to leave Blue Moon. Are there more books planned in the series? Maybe Eva and Emma could jpoimn the series or start a related series.

• Lucy Score
      Lucy Score says:

I might not be ready to leave Blue Moon either! My next project is not Blue Moon related, but I have a feeling Gia’s sisters will find their happily ever afters in the future :)

• JP
        JP says:

I absolutely love Blue Moon and the quirkiness and nosiness of the people there. I hope there are more books coming. Although, I am not sure there is any replacing the Pierce brothers. Love them! The scene in Jax and Joeys story when they go to the animal rescue and end up getting all the animals was HILARIOUS-especially the ride home! Nope not ready for it to be over.

• Lucy Score
          Lucy Score says:

There will DEFINITELY be more Blue Moon! Next year we’ll be following Emma, Gia’s sister, as she manages the brewery and staves off the attentions of Nikolai Vulkov when he comes to town :) And the dog rescue scene was my FAVORITE. I laughed so hard writing it that Mr. Lucy came into my office to see if I was okay!

3. Erica
    Erica says:

This series was awesome! I starts off reading Pretend You’re Mine…twice, then found Blue Moon. I think it would be pretty cool if you did one last book for the series about their futures. Jump ahead like 10 or 15 years and see where all the brothers and their families are at! That would be sweet!

• Lucy Score
      Lucy Score says:

Did you read Nora Roberts’ Chesapeake Bay series with the three brothers and then years later she did another one with the youngest brother? OMG, I loved those books! That’s a great idea! There’s more to come for Blue Moon with Gia’s sisters. I’ll continue with Emma in 2017. :)

4. Danielle
    Danielle says:

I love this series what about Gia’s sisters with Emma now home. We also still have to have a wedding for Pheobe and Franklin.

5. Shannon
    Shannon says:

Definitely need more of the pierce family. I love your characters. The women are strong and reasonable. The whole Pierce family is fantastic you just want to curl up and be one of them for awhile. I would not mind going back to Pretend Your Mine for some more either….but yeah definitely more Pierce brothers and Blue Moon

6. Carlina
    Carlina says:

I truly LOVE these books. I wish I had family and friends like them! Even the town was amazing in all its quirkiness and medling in your business antics! I would love to live in such a place.
    The dog chapter was by far my favorite and I nearly peed myself reading it. I had tears rolling down my cheeks. My family seriously thought I was losing it!!
    I really don’t want the series to end. I have read all your books 3 times already! I would LOVE to see a book telling Phoebe and Franklin story. Maybe throw in some memories of John and the boys growing up (you know. .going through old albums and such while making the big move to their new house etc)
    Even Emma and Sheriff Donovan could get something going on (perhaps Beckett crazy ex Trudy could go psycho and stalk/attack Emma when she thought it was Gia and Donovan rescues Emma and their story begins!!)
    See…There HAS TO be more from that awesome family and town.
    Please please please give us more! Love you Lucy
    Any suggestions on what to read while we are waiting for your creative juices to write more?
    What does Lucy Score like to read?

• Lucy Score
      Lucy Score says:

Don’t worry, Carlina! I promise there’s more in store for Blue Moon starting with Gia’s sister Emma who’s going to be busy managing the brewery. And she certainly doesn’t have time for ladies’ man Nikolai Vulkov when he comes to visit his friend Summer. :) Also, I posted a couple of recommendations on Facebook recently. The Fixed Trilogy by Laurelin Paige is amazing! And I loved the first book in Skye Jordan’s Renegade series. Fabulous reading!

Comments are closed.