The Last Second Chance, Jax and Joey’s story in the Blue Moon Series, went live on Amazon. It’s a few days early and so the release fell on during my beach vacation with Mr. Lucy, my sister, Madison, and Mr. Madison. As I was typing this from the deck and staring at the ocean I was reminded of last year’s beach vacation.
I was sitting on the bed staring out the window at everyone else on the beach while I answered angry emails from one of my bosses. That same week, at around 11 p.m. one night I finished writing Pretend You’re Mine. At the time, I had no idea what a success that story would be. I only knew that I loved the story, the characters, the town so much and I was so proud of what I’d written, even if no one else ever read it.
Fast forward one year and here I am, a full-time author with FIVE books under my belt…and no angry bosses! And it’s all because you readers are so supportive and so happy to give my stories your positive word of mouth! So thank you from the bottom of my heart! You made my dreams come true!
OK, enough mushy crap. Let me tell you a few of my favorite things about The Last Second Chance and Jax and Joey…
- We get to meet John Pierce…sort of. Not in a paranormal way. But the reader finally gets an introduction to Carter, Beckett, and Jax’s father. We already knew he was a good man because he and Phoebe raised those boys right! But in this book the reader gets access to some of John’s most important memories of his family.
- I love second chance stories because there’s so much history and angst and spice to even the most innocent interactions. So when those angsty, spicy characters finally do come together, it’s freaking HOT!
- Joey has to be one of my favorite lady characters so far. She’d rather spend time with horses than people, but finds herself in the middle of this sloppy family and this nosey town and resignedly finds herself enjoying it all. She’s independent, smart, successful, and sarcastic. I wanted her to walk off the page and roll her eyes at me when I ask her to go shopping.
- The dog scene. I’m not going to go into spoiler mode here because I don’t want to ruin a single second of this scene for you. But I laughed so hard while writing this scene that Mr. Lucy had to come into my office to check on me a few times!
- We finally find out why Jax left all those years ago. When I started writing this series, I wasn’t actually sure why he left so I was pretty excited when I figured it all out. :)
I had a fantastic time writing about Jax and Joey. The characters in Blue Moon, especially the Beautification Committee, did not disappoint in this story! I hope you enjoy reading their story!